среда, 28 марта 2018 г.

Bathroom (upstairs) Design Plan, Before and Inspiration

Bathroom (upstairs) Design Plan, Before and Inspiration

We have lived in our little Connecticut Cape for 3 years now! We moved in December and I remember two things very clearly; #1- How cold it was and #2-How ugly the bathrooms were. I really couldn’t stand them and taking a daily bath is one of my favorite things. So the first thing we did was have the bathrooms remodeled. We put in a really nice deep soaker tub, painted, tiled the floor with a marble hexagon tile and added subway tile to the shower/tub. All of that was perfect. But I did feel really rushed and lost because I didn’t know any local stores to find things. I was relying on our contractor. Who was really cute and charming….but not the best contractor.


He insisted that I could only do a small vanity, but we had a lot of extra space that I thought could handle a larger vanity, even a double sink! He said no, It would be too tight. It wasn’t against code, he said that if you were sitting on the toilet the vanity would be too close. I don’t know why I listened to him- actually I do, I felt rushed and he was cute (haha…maybe Kevin won’t read this post). But we really wanted it done and should have looked into it more. Even our vanity in our downstairs bathroom is close to our toilet and it doesn’t bother anyone.


Needless to say, I don’t care for the vanity we ended up with in our upstairs bathroom. I picked it just as a temporary piece because it was in-stock and at our local home improvement store. This is the bathroom that our girls share and our guests use when they stay. The vanity also doesn’t have a backsplash, not the best for a kids bathroom.


So we are going to make a couple of changes to the bathroom upstairs! And now I can’t believe we waited this long- or rather should have done it right in the first place. Well we were tired of spending all of our money on remodeling the house, so we used what we had and went cheap on some of the finishing pieces. We are keeping all of the tile, tub and toilet. Here is the new update bathroom design plan….


Bathroom Design Plan-


White and Gold Bathroom Design Plan- Eclectic Bathroom Design Plan

I had worked in a design store for 17 years and focused mainly on furniture and accessories. I helped only a couple of clients with bathrooms. When I did design bathrooms, it was easy because I knew all the contacts in Utah. I had no idea that you could buy everything for a bathroom online??!! NO IDEA! I will say that it is a newer concept- so I don’t think it was really an option 3-4 years ago?? Right? I was thrilled when I noticed that Wayfair is one of those shops online that you can get everything for a bathroom! They are one of my favorite companies to work with and they are partnering with me on this bathroom refresh! This could have saved me a lot of time and run around the first go around. So hopefully me sharing this helps you!


I had the HARDEST time deciding on if we should upgrade to a double sink. I asked you on Facebook, Instagram, our Facebook Group and Instagram Stories. I asked “if you had the choice would you choose counter space or double sinks“. If we did get a double vanity it had to be small and that would take away from the counter space. Majority voted for counter space.


Voting Results for Counter Space or Double Sinks-


Voting Results- Counter Space or Double Sinks?

If I was solely thinking about how we use the bathroom then I wanted the counter space. But I was concerned with what would be best for resale. It was great to see that everyone wasn’t all about the double sinks. I do think double sinks would be awesome if we had more space to do a longer vanity and more space to move around in the bathroom. Basically if you have a big bathroom and can have both counter space and double sinks then of course I would go with double sinks! I will say that those that voted for double sinks were MORE adamant than the votes for counter space!


Bathroom Before-


White and Gold Bathroom Design Plan- Eclectic Bathroom Design Plan

The new vanity is 48″ about to the start of the step stool. We are going to use PVC to shiplap the wall behind the vanity and toilet. The PVC will be best in a bathroom where there is a lot of humility. The vanity we went with does have a backsplash too!


Another older before bathroom photo…


Bathroom remodel before and after nautical

One other thing that was messed up and the contractor didn’t fix and I should have insisted, I don’t know why I didn’t. But he switched the drain and the shower fixtures with the bathroom downstairs- so they are miss-matched! I decided to go with a different metal anyways and I don’t love this shower head because it comes out really slow. This is the new Bathroom Shower Head we will be installing.


White and Gold Bathroom Design Plan- Eclectic Bathroom Design Plan

After I put together our Bathroom Design Plan I saw THIS gorgeous bathroom! Has some similar details that I love. Ours will be just a much smaller scale and maybe a tiny bit as amazing.


Bathroom Inspiration-


White and Gold Bathroom Design Plan- Eclectic Bathroom Design Plan

Have always loved THIS bathroom below and the dark floor. Not happening. But also love the gold accents.


White and Gold Bathroom Design Plan- Eclectic Bathroom Design Plan

Make sure you are following me over on Instagram HERE I will be sharing the process as we start (hopefully this weekend). I will also share the videos on my blog when we reveal it (so you won’t miss it those who don’t have social media).


Need help on WHERE TO START?? I always start with a Design Board and follow THESE TIPS (shared how I create a Design Board HERE too!)


How to create a Design Board that is FREE and EASY

Join my newsletter subscription and get a chance to get your design question answered LIVE or on the blog!


Original article and pictures take nestingwithgrace.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий